My consultancy services are focused on establishing a path to business growth and include strategic assessments, business planning, business development and eBusiness, change management and stakeholder management. I have provided some detail on these below, although please do not hesitate to email or call for further information if required.
I aim to build long term relationships - importantly, I work with you to structure my Fees to deliver an acceptable return on investment.
All businesses require strategic thinking and execution. Understanding where a business is positioned compared to its objectives, and what is required to achieve those objectives is crucially important to the success of any business. Developing focused and achievable business plans is essential to the proper execution of strategic objectives.
Harper-Strategic can help you define what you should be focused on and how to go about that. For example:
- Understanding why particular products or initiatives have been successful, or not as successful as you would like,
- What sets your business apart - knowledge of the market you operate in and why clients purchase from your business and its competitors, to better position your business in the industry it operates within,
- An analysis of where your business makes the most cash and why, assessing where your time, people and money resources should be focused in the future,
- Where necessary identifying and defining a different focus in order to be successful.
Why should I have a business plan?
This is simply a road map to help achieve your Strategic Objectives. Without a well thought out business plan the possibility of failure is much higher. This need not be complex - in fact the simpler you are able to express your objectives and how you propose to achiever them, the better.
A good business plan will:
- Provide a clear view of your business purpose, setting out where you want to be in the future and how you will get there,
- Set clear targets and objectives so that business performance can be monitored,
- Identify key deliverables and dependencies,
Harper-Strategic will support you to put strong plans in place, achieve financial goals and address critical resource requirements.
- Enable you to communicate with staff, partners and stakeholders, ensuring you gain and maintain their support throughout your journey.
What will your business plan look like?
Typically, business plans will cover:
- The market your business operates or plans to operate within
- An analysis of competitors
- Sales targets and objectives
Business plans are written in practical, usable language and designed for easy, regular review to ensure that performance stays on track. In many cases, they will incorporate key deliverables, milestones and targets aligned to operating budgets.
- Financial requirements and forecasts
Plans are written both for internal use and to secure finance.
My business development services are geared to take your business to the next level, often tackling difficult markets. Whether that is helping with proposals, sales pitches and bids, or developing long or short term sales and marketing programs, the focus must be on increasing revenues and profitability, bringing Return on Investment (ROI) at an early stage.
We are in an information revolution. Customers are better informed, more empowered and with much greater access products and services.
The customer is in control.
Invariably, new strategies are required to address the changing customer landscape and ecosystems we all operate in. This involves a process of change which must be handled at the right pace and carefully considered. The best performing businesses must be aligned and adaptable to changing circumstances and market forces.
I work with my clients to help them capitalize on the extraordinary growth opportunities and market re-alignment being generated by this revolution.
I do not offer off-the-shelf solutions to drive change. My approach is collaborative and driven by often the constantly evolving challenges which face any business organization. There are clear linkages between strategy, organisational behaviour and the management of change. Leadership has to be effective - and Harper-Strategic can help you to achieve this.
Why should I invest in business strategy services?
A number of reasons:
- To differentiate your business from others and make it increasingly different and better than those of competitors,
- To retain and better serve your most profitable customers
- To make sure that your business achieves its maximum potential.